Data Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables Asset & Wealth Managers to digitalize their business model.
By combining cutting-edge technology and the regulatory expertise of a licensed financial portfolio manager we offer our partners a comprehensive range of services. The platform’s flexibility enables the customized solution for each partner.
Working at Elinvar is like our platform: straightforward and focused on excellence.
As a B2B2C provider, we work with portfolio managers who manage billions of Euros in assets under management and have accordingly high expectations of us. Our team of dedicated technology and financial experts work hard to jointly meet and exceed those expectations.
As Data Engineer, you are accountable for designing and delivering our enterprise data solution, working closely with engineering, product, and data science teams to understand how to best deliver a data ecosystem on the immediate needs of the business and looks to the future as we scale. You will contribute to building our data ecosystem to get the most out of data generated in the operation and use in the system as well as contribute to setting up secure and efficient protocols for migrating partner data and incorporating third-party data sets.
In this role, you will help to define, deploy and maintain our data ecosystem. You will be working with senior data engineers and you will have the opportunity to contribute to defining the technological stack that will provide the required capabilities of our data ecosystem. You will contribute to building the pipelines to provision our enterprise data lake and all the infrastructure components of the data ecosystem
What will keep you challenged?
- Provide support in the design and build of the enterprise data lake provisioning pipelines which support both internal and external use cases
- Provide support in the design, deploy and maintenance of infrastructure components of the data ecosystem
- Evaluating different approaches and technologies to match the evolving needs of the business
- Analysis of complex data elements to debug, analyzing and proactively improve our data ecosystem
- Collaborating with engineers, data scientists, and other key stakeholders to develop solutions that address key business requirements
- Keeping up with industry trends and best practices and continually improving how we approach our data challenges
- Join a high-performing team with diversity and ownership as our core values
- Our partners manage billions and expect excellence. We empower employees to reshape finance and look for talented and dedicate people
- Our co-founders share tremendous industry expertise and together with the team are dedicated to ensuring Elinvar’s long-term success
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated – both in and out of the office
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- At least 2 years as a data engineer or related role in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Working and theoretical knowledge of database concepts and principles, including database modeling, ETL processes
- Experience working with distributed processing frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, etc)
- Experience working with both streaming and batch data sources (Kafka, etc.) and with latest SQL and NoSQL database technologies (PostgreSQL, Couchbase, HBase, etc.)
- Programming skills in Scala and scripting languages like Python and BASH
- Fluent in writing and optimizing SQL queries
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools and techniques
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS is a plus
- Systems management experience is a plus
- Effective communicator with different stakeholders including software engineers, data scientists, product managers, etc.
- Analytical and pragmatic approach to solving both business and technical problems
- Willingness and ability to learn quickly and be challenged in an agile environment