Director Software Engineering (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables Asset & Wealth Managers to digitalize their business model. By combining cutting-edge technology and the regulatory expertise of a licensed financial portfolio manager we offer our partners a comprehensive range of services. The platform’s flexibility enables the customized solution for each partner.
Working at Elinvar is like our platform: straightforward and focused on excellence.
As a B2B2C provider, we work with portfolio managers who manage billions of Euros in assets under management and have accordingly high expectations of us. Our team of dedicated technology and financial experts work hard to jointly meet and exceed those expectations.
About the technical stack: the platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 8. They communicate through Kafka and a GraphQL. Data is stored in PostgreSQL and Couchbase.
As a Director Software Engineering at Elinvar you are responsible for the development of our platform, ensuring that we are building a high performing engineering team that reliably executes on our product roadmap without compromises on the quality of the platform.
What will keep you challenged?
- Continuously source and recruit outstanding people and top talents
- Facilitate and optimize the onboarding of new team members
- Develop your team to be highly skilled, thereby meeting both todays project needs and prepare for future requirements
- Implement an effective engineering culture and ensure a mindset of high quality software engineering
- Constantly challenge the status quo, coming up with innovative and elegant solutions to improve engineering delivery and output
- Work effectively with the Product team on planning and delivering on our product roadmap, defining key milestones and translating them into manageable projects and tasks
- Ensure technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Evaluate and identify technology trends and relevant technology platform
- Based in Berlin, Elinvar is the comprehensive, digital and customized solution for wealth managers
- Our partners manage billions and expect excellence. We empower employees to reshape finance and look for talented and dedicated people
- Managing billions, our partners expect only excellent solutions. We empower employees to reshape finance and look for talented and dedicated people
- Our co-founders share tremendous industry expertise and together with the team are dedicated to ensure Elinvar’s long term success
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated – both in and out of the office
- 7+ years’ experience working in a technologically challenging environment
- Leadership experience – you have built and managed teams of engineers and love developing and growing people, helping them achieve their full potential
- Proven experience in recruiting and hiring engineering talents
- A good technical understanding of platform architecture in particular web applications and microservices
- Broad technology experience, solid knowledge of Java or JavaScipt/React
- Capable to prioritize even under high pressure and with several projects running in parallel
- Highly reliable with a strong critical thinking and result-driven mindset
- Act as a role model and motivate people especially in hard times
- Excellent communication skills in German and English