(Junior) Backend Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables Asset & Wealth Managers to digitalize their business model.
By combining cutting-edge technology and the regulatory expertise of a licensed financial portfolio manager we offer our partners a comprehensive range of services. The platform’s flexibility enables the customized solution for each partner.
Working at Elinvar is like our platform: straightforward and focused on excellence.
As a B2B2C provider, we work with portfolio managers who manage billions of Euros in assets under management and have accordingly high expectations of us. Our team of dedicated technology and financial experts work hard to jointly meet and exceed those expectations.
About the technical stack, the platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 8. They communicate through Kafka and a GraphQL. Data is stored in PostgreSQL and Couchbase. The services are running in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in a high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.js. We are using GitLab for source control and continuous integration. The development process is in Scrum-based with 2-weeks sprints.
What will keep you challenged?
- Helping designing and implementing modern and scalable platform architecture working in a fast paced agile environment
- Working with cutting-edge technologies to build an innovative product from scratch
- Working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrating good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Being accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis to development, testing, deployment, and maintenance in production
- Learning from the work of your colleagues
- Knowledge of Java (SE) and some experience in backend development
- University degree holder in computer science or a related engineering field
- Enthusiasm for architecture and distributed systems solutions
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to (technical) problems
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast-paced international start-up environment
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English, German language skills are a plus
- You always stay on top of current tech industry trends